Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tuesday Roundup

News
The Daily Peloton's Cathy Mehl starts the new year with a Landis interview, here commenting on how he deals with public criticism:

Sometimes I do go off on rants, isn’t that what the Lemond vs. Satan comment was! Look, I know I’m innocent and I won the Tour de France clean. I know it, Amber and Ryan know it, my friends know it and the people who are defending me know it. People think and say a lot of things and don’t think about what they’re saying or why they’re saying it. And with how everything was reported in the press in July and August, I don’t blame people for thinking that I’m guilty. It doesn’t bother me as much anymore. What does bother me is how I’m being treated by USADA, WADA and the UCI. There is nothing fair about how they are treating me. They have called me guilty before I really even knew what it was I had been accused of! Everyone else just bases their opinions off of what guys like Pound and McQuaid say in the press. That’s just bullshit and the whole system needs to change. If there’s anything that makes me want to climb up to the roof and shout, it’s how the system has dealt with this.

The Baltimore Sun call for a "phony look back" at 2006 (but doesn't get the PED right):
"July 27: Tour de France winner Floyd Landis blames his positive steroid test after the 17th stage on drinking Pat Robertson's flaxseed oil protein shake."

Rocky Mountain News hypes the Lance/Landis Leadville battle as the #1 thing to look forward to in 2007. Oops.

The Marin Independent Journal
notes that Landis was the winner of the Tour of California in 2006.

Blogs
The Boulder Report enjoys a snow day and does some creative multiple choice thinking:


1. Floyd Landis will:
A) prove that his testosterone positive was a Frenchie plot and win the Tour again.
B) Lose his case and quit the sport to become a roadie for Kid Rock.
C) Race Leadville and get beat by four-time defending champ Dave Wiens.


Science Fiction Twin makes some cycling predictions for 2007, but is not sure any of them will be as exciting as the things that happened in 2006:


So, 2007 is upon us and the next cycling season starts in a few short months, if you can believe it. That being said, I'm not sure if the season will be as exciting as the Floyd Landis Chronicles have made the off-season.


0 comments: