When we decided to roll up the tent at the end of the month, we thought it would be good to have some final thoughts on the matter, and not just from us.
To that end, we've contacted a number of people from all sides of the discussion, and asked them if they had anything they'd like to say. Some said yes, some said no, some hoped to participate but found they could not, and some didn't answer in time for us to include. We regret the submissions fall towards one side of the debate. We did try to send a balanced set of invitations, but response is beyond our control.
In order to entice those who didn't want to make too big a commitment, we suggested "a few paragraphs" of perhaps 500 words, and if struggling for particular topics, we offered as suggestions:
- Merits of the Landis case;
- Conduct of the Landis case;
- Coverage and discussion of the case;
- Wisdom, merit and effectiveness of anti-doping as currently practiced
- What could be done in anti-doping that might work better
We're going to roll them out a few a day until the end of the year, when we hit the big red button. We hope you find them interesting -- we did.
- Howard Jacobs
- Dirt Roadie
- One Mint Julich
- Race Junkie
- Christiane Ayotte
- Carlton Reid
- Klaas Faber
- John Gilliland
- Rational Head
- Maurice Suh and Daniel Weiss
- John Amory
- Spinopsys Phil
- Bruce Goldberger
- Arnie Baker
- Joe Papp
- Dan Rosen
- Wolfram Meier-Augenstein, part I.
- Wolfram Meier-Augenstein, part II.