From the Paceline,
Lance Armstrong's attorneys are making publicly available key documents referenced in the recently-published David Walsh book.
- Response letter (Word 138K)
EXHIBITS - PDF format
- The Physiological Basis of Lance Armstrong’s Tour de France Performances (778K)
- Lance Armstrong's Physical Maturation (2.4M)
- Affidavit of Travis Tygart (183K)
- Affidavit of Don Catlin (963K)
- Affidavit of Jonathan Vaughters (58K)
- Affidavit of Dr. Craig Nichols (306K)
- David Walsh email (83K)
- Letter to Dr. Prentice Steffen (27K)
- Dr. Prentice Steffen retraction (15K)
- Lisa Shiles Bela email (200K)
- Chris Carmichael defends Lance Armstrong (13K)
- Lance Armstrong open letter to Dick Pound (20K)
- Lance Armstrong letter to IOC requesting disciplinary action against Dick Pound (585K)
- Final Arbitration Award (69K)
We've always thought that Armstrong paints his payout in the SCA case as being more of a vindication than the words in the award support. On the other hand, $7.5M speaks louder than a lot of words do. In the documents above, the ones that seem interesting to TBV are Tygart and Catlin saying none of the 12 USADA tests done on Armstrong were positive for anything, including r-EPO which features heavily in Walsh's book. Vaughters denies first hand knowledge of Armstrong, and says the infamous text message is gossip and speculation.
We added "partly" to the headline because this isn't a complete dump of the documents, nor does it include things relevant to the UK/Times case referenced in the Response Letter -- which would have been better as a PDF, by the way.
With this, we leave Lance-land.