Tuesday, October 03, 2006

TBV site news

TRUSTBUT.COM
For $40, I bought http://trustbut.com and it forwards to the blog. It may be easier to remember. It's the same site, eventually. Bookmarks to the real place are faster.

Peek-a-boo/Continued posts
I've decided to leave Roundup posts complete on the front page, and have features split, and tweak the wording on the continuation link. I'll make things that would be really long in the roundup separate features. [more]

I've been playing with "peek-a-boo" posts to reduce the size of the front page and make more posts visible on a quick scan. In learning to use them, I'm making mistakes that I'm trying to go back and correct when I notice. These mistakes usually turn up as duplicated sections in the full post, or a full post showing up in what is supposed to be the front page summary.

If you hate the peek-a-boo, let me know and I'll reconsider. So far I have two "hate 'em", one "like it", and one "indifferent" I'll pretend is a "yes."

One of the "no" votes is from Mrs. TBV, so it counts extra, except that Mr. TBV's counts too, so we're tied.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind the peek-a-boo, but I wish the ActiveX would disappear (I don't allow ActiveX on my system - even though I use IE).

Anonymous said...

Your posts are so long that it's probably a really good idea to do the "summary"/"peek-a-boo" thing, as long as you can get a handle on how it shows up in the Rss feed :)

Anonymous said...

I liked your old format better! Great blog, though... thanks!

DBrower said...

There's active X!? I don't know about that, working on a Linux machine with Mozilla. What does it do?

TBV

Anonymous said...

TBV -- I love love love your site, but I hate the new set-up. Please go back to the old format!

Cheryl from Maryland said...

The peek-a-boo format is great except that you sometimes update a post with new links. Unless you add those new links at at the top, I'm going to think I've read everything and miss them.

Anonymous said...

another fan of your site -- thank you so much!!! however, i do prefer the older, longer way as well....