Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Roundup

News
The CyclingNews reports that just one book about the doping affairs of T-Mobile/Telekom, specifically Jan Ullrich, wasn't enough for former soingneur Jef D'Hont:


Jef D'Hont is writing another book, and this time he is taking on Jan Ullrich. His first book, published last year, set off a series of doping confessions and investigations. "Before the first book, Rudy Pevenage asked me, 'leave me out, and Jan, too, please. Because we both want to tell our stories ourselves.' I did what he asked – but they didn't. They haven't said anything so far. So I will."
In an interview with the Süddeutsche Zeitung, D'Hont said that he had heard from Ullrich after saying that he had made remarks directly relating the former Telekom rider to the use of EPO. "He called me one time, and asked, Jef, did you really say that? I said, yes, I did. He said other things too, but I can't speak about those – not yet. I am sure that Ullrich is sweating about it, because I have a tape of what he said." He continued, "In my second book there will be a lot about Ullrich."



Blogs

The Steroid Report thinks cyclist Tammy Thomas will be acquitted of perjury charges.

1 comments:

Ali said...

I have to laugh at the "story breakers" in the world of professional cycling. There are clearly some very flakey individuals involved in promoting their view of what happens.

It's a shame because they're just damaging the sport in a very obvious manner (I assume they must hate cycling ?).

Some may question my judgement but when you've witnessed the anti-doping authorities lie to try and win a case ... well, I think I'm entitled to believe whatever I wish.